2017 Race - July 9thThe 13th Annual Mayors Triathlon will begin at 7:30 am for all ages and teams. There will be a pre race meeting at 7:15 am at the starting line. Start and finish will be in the west parking lot of Walnut Creek Lake and Recreation Area near the boat ramp.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Papillion
- Courtyard LaVista
- Embassy Suites LaVista
- Hampton Inn & Suites LaVista
- 6:00-7:10 am - Check in will be open inside the shelter near the gravel parking lot on the west side of Walnut Creek. Enter in the south entrance off Schram Road. All participants must check in.
- 7:15 am - Mayor of Papillion, Race Instructions near boat ramp.
- 7:30 am - Heat 1 Start
- 7:33 am - Heat 2 Start
- 7:36 am - Heat 3 Start if needed
- 10:15 am - Awards Ceremony will begin.
- 11:00 am - Course will shut down and event will conclude.
In an effort to reduce the amount of motor vehicle and bicycle interaction, it will be necessary to close or limit traffic around Walnut Creek on race day. Parking is available in the gravel parking lot on the west side of Walnut Creek and off Turkey Road.
Click here for a full list of road restrictions on the day of the race. COMING SOON!
$50.00....Individual (1/1 - 6/9)
$65.00....Individual Late Registration (6/10 - 7/5)
All participants will receive and event Shirt. Entry must be received by June 9th. Size and availability may be limited after this date. All taxes included.
Opens January 1 and Closes July 5 at 5:00 pm. Limited to the first 300 racers.
PDF Registration Form
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
Please Note: ActiveNet charges a small percentage based transaction fee to register online which is a non-refundable fee. Refunds will only be given if cancelation is received by July 5th. A refund minus a $5 administrative fee regardless of cost will be given. Refunds will be given by check, credit voucher or credited back to a credit card (when applicable).
Any cancelations after July 5th, no refunds will be given.
Packet Pick-Up / Check In
All participants must show ID when picking up their packet. If you are unable to pick up your packet and plan to have someone else pick it up for you, then you must fill out a proxy form and that person must bring it to packet pick up. No one will be allowed to pick up packets without ID or a proxy form. Please click here for a packet pickup proxy form.
Day of Race Check In
Check in will start at 6:00 am on the day of the race. All participants must check-in at the large shelter near the transition area on the west side of the lake no later than 7:10 am. Timing chips will be handed out at this time. All participants in the Mayor Triathlon must show ID when picking up their packet.
Click here for information on how to volunteer for this race.
Description / Maps
The Triathlon will begin in the west parking lot of Walnut Creek Lake and Recreation area and finish nearby on the walking trail. The Triathlon begins with a 500-meter open water staggered swim in Walnut Creek Lake. The second leg of the race is a 15.8-mile bike ride on parts of the hard surface trail and scenic highways around Walnut Creek and Papillion-La Vista South High School. Lastly, a 3.1-mile run on the trail in Walnut Creek completes the Triathlon.
Walnut Creek Lake and Recreation Area will be closed from 6:00-11:00 am to the public for this race. Aid stations will be at the turn-a-round on the run and in the transition area. Water, Powerade and ice will be provided at each station.
Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, police officers and City of Papillion Employees throughout the duration of the event.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation.
- The event bib number is to be worn as issued and attached to clothing on the front of the body during the biking & running portions of the race. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the Papillion Mayor’s Triathlon without a bib number.
- The use of music players, video devices, cell phones, computers, cameras or any similar devices by participants while in the event is not recommended.
- Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, or any other wheeled device other than a bicycle will not be permitted on the course.
- Dogs or any pets are not allowed on the course.
- Wetsuits are allowed for the swimming portion of the race.
- Official swim caps will be provided and must be worn during the swim. Goggles and face masks are allowed but not required. Fins, gloves, paddles, floating devices, snorkels, and artificial propulsion devices are not allowed.
- Participants must begin the event at the official start time.
- Participants must wear the timing chip as provided.
- Helmets must be worn on the biking portion and must be secured while entering and exiting the transition area. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Bikes must be walked when exiting or entering the transition area, no riding is allowed in the transition area. Bikes must be racked in the same place as before after finishing the bike portion of the race.
- No drafting is allowed on the bike course.
- Three full laps must be completed to complete the biking portion of the race.
- The Papillion Mayor’s Triathlon course will remain open until 11:00 am. At 11:00 am the event is concluded, traffic control ceases and aid stations will close.
All participants will receive a commemorative Technical Shirt at check-in. Special awards will be given to the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups: 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70 & up. The top overall male and female winners will receive a special award following the race.
Food and beverages will be provided for the racers at the finish line.
Timing / Results
Timing will be provided by Precision Race Results. Race results will be posted at onlineraceresults.com.
Triathlon Training Course
Class Canceled for 2017.
You must register separately for the race.
Visit www.papiotrigroup.com for more information.